Sea to Summit eVac Dry Sack with eVent
Shaped perfectly to fit into a backpack the eVac Dry Sack packs easily as air is squeezed out of the sack without letting moisture in.
Sea to Summit use waterproof, air permeable eVent fabric on the base for valve-free air expulsion, allowing compact packing. Instead of straps for compression, just roll the sack down and air is pushed out of the base. Then close the buckle and youve just saved space. These sacks are oval-shaped, rather than round so they better fit the internal contours of a backpack.
- Air permeable, waterproof eVent fabric base
- Valve-free air expelling design for compact packing
- 70D fabric for strength
- Oval base resists rolling, packs more efficiently
- Waterproof non-wicking Hypalon roll top closure
- 10,000mm waterhead, lightweight durable nylon
- All seams are double stitched and tape sealed
- White interior for better visibility of contents
- Use: storage of compressible contents, such as clothes and sleeping bags
- Any roll-top dry sack must be closed properly to ensure water cant get in. Begin by folding the Hypalon strip down first and be sure to have at least three rolls before closing the buckle.
- Avoid contact with sharp objects or subjecting the sack to high abrasion, as this could compromise the waterproof fabric.
- Like all manufacturers of roll-top, fabric dry sacks, Sea to Summit recommends that sensitive electronic devices be double bagged (i.e. putting electronics inside one dry sack then placing this inside a second dry sack). For maximum protection, the use of a waterproof hard case should be considered.
- Not intended for situations where dry sack will be submerged under water.
Activity: Water Sports
Oval Base x Height: 3L: (17x11cm) x 28cm, 5L: (17x11cm) x 39cm, 8L: (21x13cm) x 44cm, 13L: (23x15cm) x 51cm, 20L: (27x17cm) x 60cm, 35L: (33x21cm) x 70cm, 65L: (38x25cm) x 85cm
Weight: 1L: 42g, 5L: 48g, 8L: 58g, 13L: 69g, 20L: 86g, 35L: 112g, 65L:148g
70D WATERPROOF FABRIC - This is Sea to Summit's standard high density weave waterproof fabric. It is a 70 denier 210T Nylon with a white interior polyurethane (PU) coating. The High density 210T weave gives the fabric a stronger tear strength and greater durability. The white PU coating increases brightness when looking into dry sacks made with this fabric. We vary the PU coating to make two different versions of this fabric: 2,000mm water head rated, and 10,000mm rated.
The 2,000mm fabric is used in Sea to Summit's nylon stuff sacks, pack covers, compression sacks. The 10,000mm fabric is used in Sea to Summit's lightweight dry sacks, eVac dry sacks, dry compression sacks.
eVent - eVent is a proprietary waterproof/breathable membrane fabric. Like all waterproof/breathable membranes, its micro-fine pores allow the passage of water vapour, but not liquid. There are a number of waterproof breathable fabrics available, all with different characteristics. Traditionally, waterproof/breathable PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) membranes got clogged easily by body oils, which rendered them useless after a little use. The solution was to add a PU backing to protect the PTFE membrane. When thin enough, PU still allows vapour transmission, but at a much lower rate. Some manufacturers avoided the membrane and just used a PU coating. The PU has to be relatively thick to ensure sufficient waterproofing, resulting in even lower breathability.
The genious of eVent was to make the membrane oleophobic (oil repellent), meaning it wouldnt clog with oils, therefore didnt need the inhibiting PU layer. At this juncture, eVent is the most breathable waterproof (20,000mm) fabric we know of. It is sufficiently breathable that a pressure gradient can force air through it.
Sea to Summit use eVent in this way as a purge valve in the bottom of Sea to Summit's eVac Dry Sacks and eVent Compression Sacks.