Sea to Summit Comfort Plus Sleeping Mat Regular (Grey)
The most comfortable sleeping mat that Sea to Summit has to offer with excellent support and insulation.
Sea to Summit's Comfort Plus sleeping mats with their dual layer construction provide the most effective system for fine-tuning the level of comfort available in any air mattress today. The two independent high-resolution cell layers give excellent support by distributing your body weight and shape over more cells. The two layers are also offset for more uniform insulation and cushioning. Because the two layers can be pressurised independently, the top layer can be inflated to your personal comfort, while maintaining a high-pressure base layer for protection from rough or uneven terrain. Both layers can be adjusted independently using the fine tune valve to get just the right level of softness and support. All Sea to Summit sleeping mats come with a quality stuff sack, a repair kit containing six self adhesive patches for repairing punctures in the field, and a spare silicone one-way valve flap.
Dual Layer Technology - Two layers of high resolution cells that can be pressurised independently: inflate the top layer to your personal comfort while maintaining a high-pressure base layer for protection for rough terrain. Independent chambers allow the mattress to function even if one of the layers is punctured.
- Available in tapered and rectangular shapes
- Dual layer design ensures a level of built-in redundancy; if you do end up with a puncture in one layer of the mattress, the other layer remains fully functional
- Multi-function valve for easy inflation, deflation and fine tuning of air pressure
- 40D rip-stop nylon face fabric offers the right balance between weight and durability
- Sea to Summit's TPU lamination process - one used in the medical and aeronautical industries but unique to the outdoor industry - is vastly superior to the roll-to-roll lamination process that is commonly used in outdoor products at present. The TPU bonds better and more consistently, virtually eliminating delamination issues.
- Extended storage instructions: mat should be laid flat, folded as few times as possible with valve open
Construction: Dual Layer
Length/Width: Small: 168 x 55 cm, Regular: 183 x 55 cm
no. Air Sprung Cells: Small: 514, Regular: 548
Rolled Size: Small: Ø9.5 x 17cm, Regular: Ø10 x 17cm
R Value: 2.5
Thickness: 6.3 cm
Weight: Small: 640g, Regular: 710g
Air Sprung Cells - The air sprung cells are the core technology of Sea to Summit's Sleeping Mat range, and are the reason why you will sleep better on a Sea to Summit Sleeping Mats. Instead of the typical baffled construction, Sea to Summit sleeping mats are constructed using a dot-weld pattern to create a high surface-area matrix of interconnected chambers called Air Sprung Cells.
Air Sprung Cells operate in the same way as a pocket spring mattress, as each cell deforms independently the mattress conforms to your body shape which feels softer and more comfortable with more body contact area and even dispersion of pressure.
TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane)(UV stabilised - flexible - freeze proof) - Sea to Summit's TPU coating is applied through a process unique to the medical and aeronautical industries. Extrusion lamination is more durable, consistent and enables us to use Sea to Summit's own TPU recipe. It is vastly superior to roll-to-roll lamination, which is used in all other outdoor products at present and can suffer from delamination issues.
Sea to Summit has also introduced an anti-microbial treatment into the TPU to prevent mould or fungal growth inside the mattress. While Sea to Summit do have two superb pump options, the Air stream or Jet stream, the anti-microbial treatment means you can go ultra-light and inflate with your breath.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review.