MSR Backcountry Barn Basecamp Pole Set (Moss Green)
Unique in its class, the Backcountry Barn single-wall tent is a backcountry tent that affords amazingly spacious protection for up to five people in a relatively small package. Its easy-pitching, hooped design offers standing head clearance from end-to-end for most, and steep sidewalls expand the shelter's livable space to its maximum potential. An included, detachable floor lets you adapt the backcountry tent's interior for anything from covering a picnic table or storing group gear, to sleeping quarters or a remote race check-point/aid station.
- Easy Set-up: Straightforward design keeps set-up uncommonly easy for a tent of this size.
- Big and Livable: 74-in (1.9-m) center tent height end-to-end and large windows at front and rear with awnings allow great ventilation in any weather.
- Stable: Advanced tent design and multiple guy points add security in windy conditions.
- Smart: Detachable, waterproof bathtub floor allows customized use of tent interior spaces.
- Compact: Advanced, single-wall design packs-down to the size of many 3-person tents.
- Additional Features: (8) mesh pockets; (3) internal lantern hooks; (1) door and two large windows for maximum ventilation; multiple guy-out points; front and rear tent awnings.
12 lbs 12 oz / 6.65 k
15 lbs 8 oz / 7.03 k
9 lbs 8 oz / 4.32 k
5 lbs 2 oz / 2.33 k
75 sq. ft / 7 sq. m
346 cu. ft / 9797 liters
Interior Peak Height
74 in / 188 cm
28 x 12 in / 71 x 30 cm
Number of Doors
Number of Poles
5 DAC Pressfit
Number of Stakes
8 MSR GroundhogTM
40D ripstop nylon 1500mm Durashield TM Polyurethane & Silicone
20D nylon micromesh
70 taffeta nylon 3000mm Durashield polyurethane & DWR
Country of Origin
Made in Taiwan